In Loving Memory of my Mom

In Loving Memory of my Mom
Cooking from the Heart

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Homemade Chicken Soup

When I make soup I use what I have in my fridge, if I only have one onion so be it. If I feel like more veg then they get added. I don't measure too much so I'll do my best to estimate for you xxx


You will need:
A large pot
600g or so of chicken breasts cubed
1 packet of streaky bacon
2 or 3 onions
6 Carrots
10 small leeks or 5/6 large ones cleaned and darkest parts cut off (watch out for sand)
1 packet of fresh celery
2 packets of portabello mushrooms ( I like the flavour of these )
A very large handfull of fresh corriander or dania same thing
500ml of cream or replace with plain yougurt
1 Table spoon of garlic
2 Large Table Spoons of Ina Paarmen Chicken Stock powder or which ever one you like
About 2 cups of boiling water ( you can always add more )
A large dolop of butter

Method:

Fry the bacon in a little butter then put one side and do the same with the chicken.
In the fat from the bacon fry your chopped onions then add the garlic, leeks, carrots and celery. ( add other veg too if you like )
Add stock powder and water and cook until veg is soft.
Seperatly fry the sliced mushrooms in a little butter.
Add the corriander then blend it all together.
Add the cooked chicken pieces, the bacon, the mushrooms and stir in the cream.
Add salt and black pepper to taste.

Yummy for winter :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment