In Loving Memory of my Mom

In Loving Memory of my Mom
Cooking from the Heart

Monday, November 25, 2013

Magic Macaroni with Chicken ....

We were away this weekend and I needed to cook for quite a few people and I felt like experimenting. Well it worked out fantastically so I thought I would add it to the blog.

You will need:

Macaroni pasta, cooked
2 large onions
8 chicken breast fillets
A large green or red pepper chopped
A large table spoon of ginger
A large table spoon of garlic
A large teaspoon of chilli
A large hand full of fresh coriander
A tin of pineapple pieces
2 punnets of mushrooms
Cheese Grated to sprinkle over the top
About a litre or so of cheese sauces
Salt and Pepper to taste
Table spoon of onion marmalade is optional

Method:

When you cook your pasta, add a little chicken stock to the water that you boiling the pasta in as it adds to the flavour.

Fry your onion (I use coconut oil for frying now)
Fry your mushrooms a few at a time then remove from pan
Add your peppers and your diced chicken
Add your ginger, garlic, chilli, pineapple and coriander
Add your cooked mushrooms
Add salt and pepper to taste

Add your cheese sauce and mix well on a low heat then add it to the pasta
Cover in grated cheddar cheese and bake at 180 deg Celsius until golden.

Serve with a delicious salad :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment